Locomotion No.1 Darlington

From: Hidden Teesside

Locomotion No.1 which was originally called Active, was built by George and Robert Stephensons company in 1825 for use on the Stockton to Darlington Railway where it was used for the worlds first passenger service on 27 September 1825, it remained in use until 1841.
Locomotion, Darlington
In was restored in 1857 and kept as Alfred Kitchings workshop until the 1880s

Locomotion, Darlington

Between 1892 and 1975 it was on display at Darlington Bank Top railway station.