On clear, bright New Year’s Day, Luftwaffe launch Operation Baseplate, raids aimed to cripple Allied planes & control skies over Belgium.
— WW2 Tweets from 1945 (@RealTimeWWII) January 1, 2017
Wonder how many people looking for change after the earth passes an arbitrary point on its orbit of the sun also think astrology is bollox?
— Colonel Sponsz (@colonel_sponsz) January 1, 2017
Note to self regarding things to remember when washing the car:
- The hand pump pressure sprayer is ideal for rinsing off shampoo.
- The synthetic chamois is good for removing lots of water, the natural chamois is good for final drying.
- For scratch repair, polish and wax use different coloured cloths.
- Clean the roof, especially the edges. Do this first in order to give it a chance to dry.
- Clean the tires, don’t want to spread that muck onto washed paintwork.
- Take the trims off and wash the wheels with the all-in-one wash ‘n’ wax – no point using good shampoo and wax on them.
- Take the roof back and fold inside the car. With the roof on there are areas which you can’t get to.
- Work top to bottom with the shampoo.
- Rinse the stuff in the sun last, dry the stuff in the sun first
- Lift the bonnet last to give the water as much time to run off as possible – it will drip into the engine bay off the open bonnet.
- Now’s the time to do scratch repairs.
- Polish the stuff in the sun last, remove it first.
- Wax on the stuff in the sun last, wax off it first.
- Clean the glass.