In thanksgiving to God and in honoured memory of the men of Goodnestone who gave their lives in the Great War 1914-1918.
“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends”.
St John xv., 13
- It was unveiled by Lt Col R. T. J. Friend, D.S.O. (Buffs) on 4 September 1921.