This is situated at the crossroads in the middle of the island at Lady Village.
In grateful and ever loving remembrance of the men of Sanday who died in the service of their King and country in the Great War 1914 – 1919.
Erected by the inhabitants of the island.
“Their name liveth for evermore.”
- The Sanday Heritage Centre next to the memorial has a display giving more information about the memorial and the men commemorated on it.
- The memorial was dedicated on 17 June 1921 with a large crowd in attendance.
Three WWII names have been added to the base of the memorial following the style of the WWI panels.